Skip to main content Quick Exit

Early Years Pupil Premium

Your chosen school, nursery or childminder may also be able to claim additional funding, through the Early Years Pupil Premium, to support your child’s development, learning and care if you are accessing the free entitlement for three and four year olds and meet certain criteria.

If the family meet at least one of the following criteria your provider will be eligible to claim the additional funding:

  • Income support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for working Tax credit
  • Universal Credit – For places starting in the summer term 2018 (on or after 1st April 2018), or any subsequent term, if a parent is entitled to universal Credit they must have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £7,400, assessed on up to three of the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods. 
  • Your child is currently being looked after by a local-authority in England and Wales
  • Your child has left care in England and Wales through:
  • an adoption order
  • a special guardianship order
  • a child arrangements order

Please contact your chosen provider for more information and an application form to apply for the funding.

Add to Shortlist
Back to top