East Durham College (Houghall Campus)
East Durham College is committed to offering an outstanding and inclusive education, providing individuals, the community and the local economy with every opportunity to succeed.
The College is home to a genuine and supportive community of students and staff and we believe you won’t find a more supportive and friendlier college.
And that support leads to some great results. The percentage of students completing their qualification aims successfully has been consistently above the national average for the last three years.
Students at East Durham College also develop their confidence, self-esteem and work-related skills - developing good employability skills and enhance their future opportunities.
These comments are supported by the fact that in 2013, 83% of students at East Durham College successfully completing full-time courses moved on to employment or further forms of education and training, building upon the positive and life-changing experience of studying at college.
Who to contact
Where to go
East Durham College
- DH1 3SG
Our intention at East Durham College is creating outstanding futures by offering good quality education and training. We do this by:
- Supporting aspirations by guiding and developing young people’s purposeful long term outcomes.
- We do this in a number of ways: for e.g., offering an extensive foundation learning curriculum, with special teaching & support staff for learners with a range of specialist educational needs.
- Additionally, our broad curriculum can be accessed by all learners with support of appropriate help and guidance to meet the individuals’ needs.
- Regular assessment of learners needs are undertaken with a view to promote independent learning.
- Our team is always on hand to give advice and support. If there is something you do not see in our local offer please contact us.
There is much more information on the East Durham College website about the support offered to students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, please click the link below for detailed information.
- Contact Telephone
- 0191 375 4700
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
- Transition to Adulthood
- SEN Provision Type