- We provide support and identify appropriate services to children who have been assessed as a Child in Need.
- We provide statutory intervention for children who have been assessed as Children in Need of Protection.
- We provide statutory support and intervention for Looked After Children whose permanent plans have not been finalised.
- We provide statutory support and intervention for children who are subject to Court Proceedings including Public and Private Proceedings.
- We complete assessments on children who have been known to the Fieldwork Teams within the last three months to determine if they are Children in Need or in Need of Protection.
- We provide statutory support and intervention for children who are subject to Public Law Outline procedures.
- We complete assessments on young people who have been remanded into custody.
- We manage the requests for an Initial Child Protection Conference for children who are subject to a child protection plan in another area and move into Stockton.
- Contact Name
- North: Lisa Pope, Louise Nixon, Sue Bullock. South: Yvonne Priestley, Clive Potts, Jon Doyle
- Contact Position
- Team Managers
- TS17 9JP
There are 6 fieldwork teams. 3 Teams cover the North of Stockton and 3 teams cover the South. Cases are transferred from the Assessment Team whereby a single assessment has been completed determining if the child is a Child in Need, Child under Protection or has become Looked After.
Fieldwork teams would progress a child's plan until a permanent plan has been achieved, i.e. the child is no longer deemed to be in need of a service.
For children subject to a child protection plan, the case would remain in a Fieldwork team until the plan has been removed and support is no longer required.
For Looked After Children, the case would remain in a fieldwork team until the permanent plan has been achieved. This can be achieved through court. If the plan is adoption the case would remain in the fieldwork team until a plan of adoption has been achieved.
If the plan is for long term foster placement or long term residing with a family member, subject to an order, or the case would transfer to the permanency team.
Cases subject to Private/Public Law Proceedings, the case would remain in the fieldwork team until conclusion of the proceedings.
We also complete assessments on children who reside in the same household of children if a referral is received in respect of them and they are not open to a fieldwork team.
If a child moves into Stockton and is subject to a child protection plan in the area they used to reside in, we progress this case to an Initial Child Protection Conference to determine if they meet the criteria for a plan in this area.
- Contact Name
- North - Melanie Douglas, Gloria Tunley and Sue Bullock. South - Nikky Henry, Clive Potts and Peter Davison.
- Local Offer Age Bands
- SEN Provision Type