Social Work Permanence Team
- Statutory Social Work support to Looked After children with a long term plan of permanence as a Looked After Child
- Assessed Social Work support to children subject to Special Guardianship and Residence Orders and living outside of birth parents care
- Assessed support to children 16 - 18 years who have formally left statutory education and are presenting as homeless
- Assessment of unaccompanied children post 14 years seeking asylum status
- School leavers post 16 subject to a Remand Order
Stockton Town Centre
- TS18 1HE
There are two Permanence Teams that deliver statutory social work support interventions to suppoty children formally living outside of their birth parents care.
In respect of Looked After Children this will come as part of an internal process from Social Work Fieldwork Teams.
For children subject to Special Guardianship and Residence Order referrals, this would usually occur following an assessment of need by a Statutory Social Work Referral Team or agreed as part of the court process. Should this assessment identify concerns that are of a Child Protection nature it will not be transferred to a Permanence Team.
For families who request a re-assessment of financial support this would be evaluated at First Contact as to whether this would be referred straight to a Permanence Team.
Children subject to a Residence or Special Guardianship Orders need to have either been residing within Stockton when the order was made or been resident for over three years to be eligible for assessment of need.
- Contact Name
- Dominic Rowlands and Grace Moore
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 527764 (First Contact Team)
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to Adulthood
- SEN Provision Type