HEART SUPPORT North Tees and Hartlepool
New not-for-profit, on-going voluntary community charity.
- HEART SUPPORT aims to help and support persons with heart disease and those at risk of heart disease, living in the North Tees and Hartlepool area through provision of exercise and relaxation sessions
- The group also focuses on providing a support network for members where they can share problems and issues and develop friendships with people experiencing similar issues.
- The session are available to anyone who has recently suffered a heart attack, had surgery, any other heart related illness (have a family history of heart disease, stable angina, raised blood pressure or diabetes etc.)
We invite you to join our
EXERCISE and RELAXATION CLASSES
under the guidance of a qualified BACPR level IV tutor.
FREE Weekly classes are held in the following areas.
- Thursday ........... 1.00 - 2.30 pm Wolviston Court Community Centre, Clifton Avenue, Billingham TS22 5DE
- Tuesday ............ 5.30 - 7.00 pm The People Centre, Raby Road Hartlepool TS24 8AH
- Monday ............. 1.00 - 2.30 pm Grangefield Community Centre, Oxbridge Lane, Stockton TS18 4HY
- Wednesday ...... 12.30 - 2.00 pm Hardwick Community Centre, Whessoe Road, Hardwick, Stockton TS19 8LB
Partner / Carer welcome
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Madge Preston
- Contact Position
- Voluntary Vice Chair
(01642) 814423 -
Where to go
- 4 VENUES - SEE ABOVE
- Supervised by BACPR level IV qualified tutors
- No age, ethnicity nor disability criteria
- Partner / carer welcome
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- SEE ABOVE
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE Per session
- We rely on grants, donations and our own fundraising to cover costs. We are extremely grateful for the support from Stockton-on-Tees and Hartlepool CCG in partnership with CATALYST Stockton for the initial grant to cover costs for the first 6 months, followed by grants from British Heart Foundation, Tees Valley Foundation Fund, National Lottery Foundation Fund ,"Awards for all" and our own fundraising activities.
- Referral required
- Referral Details
- Cardiac Rehab. Clinicians, following completion of cardiac rehabilitation phase III programme
- GPs, Practice Nurses and the MDS
- Self-referral by coming to a class and speaking to the tutor
- Other notes
- 15 minute warm-up.
- Cardio exercise / circuit training / exercise equipment
- Cool down and relaxation.
- Group time for a “cuppa and a chat”
- If patient; especially those with low mobility, feel unable to take part in the exercise, they can sit and watch, take part in the banter and laughter, join in with the relaxation and enjoy the camaraderie of the Group.
- All under the watchful eye of the tutor.
Cardiac and vascular related disease events often lead to depression, anxiety, apprehension and lack of confidence and group therapy has a remarkable beneficial effect.
It is well documented that exercise and relaxation groups by qualified BACPR level 4 instructors has a huge impact on the lives of cardiac patients and those at risk of heart disease. On their physical wellbeing / individual development / mental well-being / social community development
Forging community engagement and reducing isolation.
The social side of the programme is as essential as the exercise, allowing patients to share information and experiences of their condition in a supportive and relaxed manor. For some, particularly people facing isolation, it’s sometimes just getting out of the house and having company.
Social and fundraising events bring all members together. In the last few months we have held:
- Quiz and Social Evening
- Coach trip to Harrogate Market
- 'Dechox' (Give up chocolate during lent and get sponsored by family and friends in aid of Heart Support)
- Race night
- Luxury Christmas Hamper raffle.
- Car boot and bric-a-brac-sales - our grateful thanks for all donations of unwanted items large or small - Please keep them coming.
PLEASE HELP US TO HELP YOU
All Grants, donations, fundraising go towards the cost of keeping this FREEvaluable service operating