Skip to main content Quick Exit

SEN and Transition Team

  • Formal statutory assessment process
  • Requests for High Needs Funding top ups
  • Specialist IT assessments
  • Specialist equipment
  • Requests for Additionally Resourced provisions
  • Advice on the statutory processes and legal framework for SEN
  • Mediation
  • Tribunal

Who to contact

Where to go

4th Floor
Queensway House
TS23 2YQ

Other Details

Local Offer


The team receives and processes:

  • Formal requests for statutory assessment of children with special educational needsin line with the Code of Practice for special educational needs and the Education Act.
  • Any requests from pre-school settings, schools and colleges for additional funding for pupils with special educational needs that require funding above that already delegated to schools/colleges.
  • Any requests for specialist equipment as advised by the NHS therapy services for educational purposes. It also processes requests from schools for specialist IT assessments of pupils with additional needs.

We can also offer independent mediation to help resolve any disagreements parents/carers have with the school or the local authority around their child's special educational needs.

The team deals with any appeals that are lodged by parentsto the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal Service.

Referral for statutory assessment can be via school, health, social care or direct from parent to the SEN Manager.

Referral for specialist equipment is normally via a health professional or school to the SEN Manager.

Referral for mediation is normally vis the parent partnership officer but can be direct by parent or other agency to the SEN manager.

All of the above are considered by the SEN High Needs panel chaired by the SEN Manager.

If a parent wishes to make an appeal to SEND Tribunal service they must do so via Her Majestys Courts and Tribunal Service.

Contact Name
Gill Burnett
Contact Telephone
01642 524813
Contact Email
Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years
Transition to Adulthood
SEN Provision Type

Is this information correct?

Save to Shortlist SMS
Back to top