The New Directions service supports young people (aged 15-29) in Middlesbrough, Stockton-On-Tees and Hartlepool who are not already in education, employment or training.
Our service works in partnership with local employers and education/training providers to support young people into jobs, traineeships, apprenticeships, self-employment, training and education. We have a whole host of employers who offer our customers exclusive job vacancies which are not advertised locally.
We can help young people by providing free 1-1 support with:
- Accessing quality information, advice and guidance about jobs, training and education
- Mentoring and support to plan a way into work or training
- Completing application forms and CVs
- Interview skills and preparation
- Developing the skills that businesses need
- Accessing exclusive job vacancies from our wide ranging employer links
- Overcoming barriers to getting a job or training.
- Benefits and money issues
We also offer practical support to pay for things like childcare, travel expenses, clothes for interview, tools, personal protective equipment (PPE), DBS Checks, Birth Certificates and CSCS/SIA Cards.
New Directions is part of the Youth Employment Initiative (YEI) and is funded by ESF.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- New Directions
- Contact Position
- Employment Services
- 0300 111 1000
- Referral Details
The Youth Employment Initiative is part-funded by the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.