Shaw Trust Enterprises - Stockton
Shaw Trust Stockton is part of Shaw Trust's growing place initiative. We are a provider of work focused and enrichment activities aimed at a range of people within the community. These activities are hosted within our garden centre, plant nursery and café. This is located on Bishopton Road within the Grangefield area of Stockton.
We offer a range of different programmes to those living within Teesside:
- A day service for adults with learning disabilities
- We are a commissioned day-service for Stockton Borough Council for adults with learning disabilities, Autism, ASC or complex needs, aged from 18 - 65
- You can use your personal budget to access this service
- Supported Internships
- Supported Work Experience Placements
- Supported Employment Programme
- Alternative Education Host
All of our programmes are designed for those participating to gain confidence, become more independent and learn a wide range of skills including:
- Horticultural skills
- Growing plants
- Customer Service
- Site and grounds maintenance
We operate as a charitable enterprise and this means the proceeds from plants grown, things made and services provided help to contribute to the running costs of our service.
Supported Internships at The Growing Place
We also offer supported internships at the Growing Place in Stockton. The internships, which have a Work Skills Entry Level 3 Award attached to them are for young people with an active EHCP who may be interested in horticulture and catering. You can read more about the internships in this document: Supported Internships at The Growing Place.
For further information about what we, Shaw Trust Enterprises - Stockton do, and how to join us, please contact us using the details below.
To find out more about the services that Shaw Trust offers, please visit our website.
- Shaw Trust
196a, Bishopton Road
- TS18 4PH
- When is it on
- The service is open to adults 18 – 65 and we can offer placements from Monday to Friday, 9:30 till 3pm.
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Prospective service users can self-refer if you have a personal budget or referrals can be made through the Stockton Learning Disability Team. (01642 368550)