Stockton Independent Living Centre
The Stockton Independent Living Centre (SILC) based in Hardwick, provides advice and information about equipment and adaptations.
SILC is an equipment demonstration centre; allowing individuals to try disability equipment and decide what is right before buying. The SILC is open to the public by appointment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and provides the following services:
- Free expert advice, assessment and demonstration of equipment and adaptations
- Access to a Disability Information Advisor who can provide information on a whole range of issues, and who can visit you at home to help complete disability benefits forms
- Equipment exhibitions and demonstrations
- Specialist equipment training facilities
- Contact details for local stockists
If you are a resident in the Stockton-on-Tees area and you have a need rising from health conditions which impacts on your day to day life, you can make an appointment to visit the SILC by contacting the First Contact Team.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- First Contact
- 01642 527764
Time / Date Details
- Time of day
- Referral required