Ashbrooke School - Witherslack Group
Ashbrooke School is a co-educational, specialist day-school, providing high quality education for pupils between the ages of 5 and 18. The school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils who have a range of complex educational needs, communication difficulties and challenging behaviours.
Based in Sunderland, the school’s ethos is one of high aspiration and achievement for every pupil. This is underpinned by Ashbrooke’s ‘team around the child’ approach, unique in-school therapy solutions and inspiring school environment.
Below are just some of the key features that pupils can experience at Ashbrooke School:
• Comprehensive onsite therapeutic support which is integrated into the curriculum and school life as a whole and supported by Witherslack Group’s Therapy Team.
• A unique and personalised curriculum model which aims to improve self-esteem, motivation and achievement, engage pupils in their learning and develop skills for adult life.
• Ongoing assessment and progression monitoring to ensure all young people make at least expected progress and are working to realise their full potential.
• A dynamic approach to the use of technology with all young people being provided with an iPad to support their learning.
• Small class sizes of no more than 8 pupils with high teacher to pupil ratios.
- Ashbrooke School
Tyne and Wear
- SR2 7JA
- When is it on
- Open Monday - Friday, 09.00am - 3.00pm term Time
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals are made direct from the Local Authority Special Educational Needs Team
- Contact Name
- Clair Burnett
- Contact Telephone
- 0191 607 5610
- Contact Email