Skip to main content Quick Exit

Disabled Facilities Grants

A Disabled Facilities Grant is a local council grant to help towards the cost of adapting your home to enable you to continue to live there.  A grant is paid when your local council considers that changes are necessary to meet your needs, and that the work is reasonable and practical.

Please visit the Adapt your home to your needs page on the Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council website for further information.

Local Offer


It may be possible to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) if you need to make changes to your home. This could include things like:

  • widen doors and install ramps
  • improve access to rooms and facilities - eg stairlifts or a downstairs bathroom
  • provide a heating system suitable for your needs
  • adapt heating or lighting controls to make them easier to use

A Disabled Facilities Grant will not affect any benefits that you’re getting. You need to contact Stockton Council's First Contact team to apply and have an assessment.

Contact Telephone
01642 527764, Minicom 01642 527769
Contact Email
Local Offer Age Bands
Early Years
Transition to Adulthood

Is this information correct?

Save to Shortlist SMS
Back to top