Special iApps C.I.C.
Special iApps is a social enterprise developing educational apps for children with special educational needs, in early years education, and struggling learners.
All our apps have a simple, uncluttered design, and can be personalised to suit any child and young adult’s abilities. They’re ideal to use at school, during speech therapy sessions, to support learning at home, or develop essential skills in daily life.
Join the Special iApps Membership:
To help children, families and the support team around them we have introduced the brand new Special iApps Membership. From only £50 a year you can:
- Use both Special Words Plus and Special Stories Plus, with more of our award-winning apps included in the membership later this year
- Access 500+ educational resources with 5000+ vocabulary to learn from Special iApps (including Numicon Shapes) with new add-ons released every month
- Use on a mix of devices from laptops, desktops, tablets and phones as well as switching between Apple, Google, Chromebook and Windows devices
- Create personalised resources to support every stage of learning
- Print resources for paper-based learning
- Free 14 day trial
- More features coming throughout 2022
Special Words Plus promotes speech, language and communication through word-picture card matching activities.
Special Stories Plus allows you to create personalised social stories in minutes. A great tool for home-school communication and Education Health Care Plans.
Start your free trial today and join the Special iApps Membership.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Beverley Dean
- Contact Position
- Founder and CEO
- 0191 389 6638
- Special iApps C.I.C.
Where to go
As we develop apps that are directly downloadable onto devices, we don't use a venue. Our registered business address is:
Belmont Business Park
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Our apps are always available to download from our website.
- Time of day
- A 1 device membership costs £50 a year. A 3 device membership costs £100 a year. For bespoke licence packages, get in touch directly.
- Referral required
- Other notes
We cater to parent/carers, Teachers, occupational health professionals and anyone who knows a young person who could benefit from extra educational help.
Our apps are based on Early Years content and the EYFS curriculum, but can be easily personalised and adjusted to suit any level of capability and age. The activities within each app encourage interaction and communication, and can be controlled by parents without interruption of the task at hand.
For more information for who we are, what we do and how we can help you, visit www.specialiapps.org
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
- SEN Provision Type