South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - Paediatric Audiology Services
Comprehensive Paediatric Audiology Service. The audiology department is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss, tinnitus and balance disorders.
James Cook University Hospital
- TS4 3BW
All age paediatric audiology service to include:
- Newborn hearing screening follow-up assessments.
- School entry screening follow up assessments.
- Targeted 8 month screening.
- Assessments due to parental or professional concern about hearing, or speech and language development.
- Diagnosis of permanent childhood hearing impairment.
- Diagnosis of temporary hearing loss due to Glue ear (otitis media with effusion).
- Provision of hearing aids for babies and children.
- Monitoring of progress with hearing aids, upgrading hearing aids as necessary.
- Monitoring of hearing levels for those at risk of hearing loss who have a known hearing loss.
- Testing children’s hearing on behalf of ENT.
- Assessment for cochlear implantation and bone anchored hearing aids.
- Support & maintenance of cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing aids.
Referrals can be made by GPs, health Visitors, school nurses, speech and language therapists or other health professionals. All staff are trained at post-graduate level in paediatric audiology and are CRB checked. Services are provided from 8am to 6pm on weekdays, excluding bank holidays. Different clinics are held on different days. See website for open access aftercare services for children with hearing aids and other information.
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 854071
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to Adulthood
- SEN Provision Type