North Tees & Hartlepool Foundation Trust – Musculoskeletal Service
- Provide musculoskeletal assessments, diagnosis & treatment / management to the paediatric population of Stockton
- Undertake triage of referrals to ensure patients are seen by the appropriate clinician and / or referred onto the appropriate health care setting to manage their condition
- Liaise with other health care professionals and / or other agencies to ensure patients receive seamless co-ordinated care
Who to contact
- 01642 704340
Our team of specialist physiotherapists, highly specialised podiatrists, and orthopaedic consultant provide a musculoskeletal service for children.
We assess, diagnose and treat problems which affect the bones, muscles and joints. You will be referred to us by your GP or allied health professionals, such as a physiotherapist or podiatrist.
Our team of specialists will assess your referral, so you can either be seen by the most appropriate member of the team or someone in hospital, depending on your problem.
On the first visit you will be assessed and we will take a general medical history and ask you questions about your particular problem. Following consent we will carry out a physical examination, which will include assessing your general and specific mobility.
Following the examination, you may be sent for some diagnostic tests such as scans, blood tests and x-rays to help us to plan your treatment. We will either phone you or invite you back to the clinic to discuss your results.
You will be asked to bring to your appointment:
- a list of your current medication
- your usual footwear, it you are seeing a podiatrist
- a pair of shorts if we are seeing you for lower limb problems
- chaperone if desired
We will talk to you and make a plan for the next stage of your treatment. This could be with us or you may be referred on to another service. The musculoskeletal service works closely with your GP and hospital services.
- Contact Name
- Sue Cantwell
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 704340
- Local Offer Age Bands
- SEN Provision Type