Skip to main content

Stockton Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICA)

The National Health Service (NHS) works hard to treat everyone properly and promptly and the majority of people who use the health service are happy with their treatment.  However, sometimes things can go wrong or you may be unhappy about certain parts of your treatment.  By raising your concerns you can help to put things right and ensure that the NHS can learn from your experience.

If you feel you or someone you know have not had the service you expected from the NHS and want to complain, the law says you have the right to have the support of an advocate. Knowing where to turn, when you want to make a complaint can be difficult.

If you live in Stockton-on-Tees and have a complaint about NHS services, our free advocacy service can guide you through making a complaint by providing you with practical support, advice and information.  

You should note that we cannot help you:

  • Claim compensation.

  • Get an NHS Employee disciplined.

  • Give legal advice.

  • Help you with complaints about private medical treatment.

  • Give medical advice.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Toni Mchale
Contact Position
Programme Manager
0808 1729553

Is this information correct?

Back to top