Civil Legal Advice
The Civil Legal Advice service offers free and confidential legal advice to those who are eligible for Legal Aid.
You can get help with legal aid for:
- benefit appeals
- debt, if your home is at risk
- special educational needs
- discrimination issues
- help and advice if you’re a victim of domestic violence
- issues around a child being taken into care
You can contact Civil Legal Advice helpline on 0845 345 4 345 or you can ask Civil Legal Advice for a free call back - use the online service or text ‘legalaid’ and your name to 80010.
There’s a free translation service if English isn’t your first language.
You can also talk to a legal adviser in British Sign Language.
You can also contact CLA if you’re unhappy about the service you’ve received from them.
Who to contact
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 18:30