Community Health Ambassadors
Community Health Ambassadors are a team of committed, friendly volunteers from the local area who are very keen to hear your thoughts and experiences on local health services.
Acting as the eyes and ears of the local community, ambassadors provide feedback to the Hartlepool & Stockton-on-Tees Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). The CCG is responsible for developing and buying many of our local health services and also have a requirement to engage with local people on their spending and health priorities.
Ambassadors aim to:
- Ensure that the views of the public are properly reflected in the decision making of the CCG
- Feedback to those taking part on how their comments have been used to inform and influence the work of the CCG
- Raise awareness of health issues and keep people updated with changes to health services
- Attend public engagement events on behalf of the community
All ambassadors are supported in their role to make sure they can accurately represent your views and are kept up to date with the CCG's consultation plans.
We are always looking for new volunteers to join the team! People from all different walks of life are welcome and previous experience isn't necessary - a passion for good quality, patient focussed health services and a keen ear is all that's needed! If you have any questions or would like to become a Community Health Ambassador please get in touch.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Catalyst House
27 Yarm Road
- TS18 3NJ
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Typical office hours are between Monday to Friday from 9am till 5pm, however occasionally activities/events do take place outside of these hours.
- Referral required