Kinship Response Service
The Kinship Response Service has been commissioned from the GrandParents Plus service by Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. This has been made available through funding from the Department for Education via the Adoption Support Fund to support families during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Kinship Response is a service provided by GrandParents Plus specifically for Special Guardians and it provides a service based on experience as many within GrandParents plus have first-hand experience of being a Kinship Carer.
The Kinship Response Service will enable you to talk to and share your experiences with others who are going through the same things and support you through stressful times and situations, such as family relationships and even your children's behaviour, and where you can get financial support.
You can sign up and use the service any time between now and 9th June 2021.
What is Kinship Response?
Kinship Response is the Grandparents Plus membership service for all Special Guardians in the local authority during the COVID-19 crisis.
This means you can access the following services throughout this year:
- Priority access to a specialist kinship care advice service.
- Join a virtual support group that meets regularly via Whatsapp, Facebook or Zoom video calls.
- Become a member of a Kinship Community of over 7,000 incredible kinship carers.
- Join live regional Facebook advice surgeries and ask questions to help you in your caring role.
- Visit the GrandParents plus website for lots of up to date information that will help you during COVID-19.
How do you access the free service?
- Call the Kinship Response priority line - please see the Who to contact section below.
Grandparents Plus, are the leading kinship care charity and they are there for you so please do take up this offer.
17 Oval Way
- SE11 5RR
- When is it on
- The Kinship Priority Line is open Monday - Thursday 10am - 2pm