Skip to main content

Specified Adult Childcare Credits - National Insurance Credits

National Insurance credits for people aged 16 and over and under State Pension age who care for a child under 12 were introduced from the 2011 to 2012 tax year. These are called Specified Adult Childcare credits. You have to apply to get these credits.

National Insurance credits may help to fill in any gaps in your National Insurance record. This can mean that you’ll still get the full State Pension and other benefits.

Who to contact

Is this information correct?

Back to top