Cinema Exhibitors Association Card
The CEA Card is a national card scheme developed by the Cinema Exhibitors’ Association (CEA) for UK cinemas. The scheme was introduced in 2004 and is one of the ways for participating cinemas to ensure they make reasonable adjustments for disabled guests when they go to the cinema; in particular it ensures a complimentary ticket for someone to go with them.
You don’t need to have a CEA Card for a reasonable adjustment to be made and cinemas still have to make reasonable adjustments. If you require an adjustment to visit a cinema because of your disability, the CEA’s policy is cinema staff should make them for you.
Who to contact
01244 526 016
Textphone - 18001 01244 526 016
- Cinema Exhibitors Association
Where to go
PO Box 212
- PO7 6ZN
The CEA Card allows you to obtain ONE free ticket for the person who is accompanying you to enable you to visit the cinema, by providing the assistance you require as a result of your disability, provided you purchase an applicable full price ticket for yourself for the same performance of the same film in the same auditorium. The free ticket is provided on the assumption that the person who accompanies you is able to provide you with appropriate assistance.
For example, this might include
- assisting you in moving around the cinema including finding and taking a seat;
- helping you evacuate the cinema in the event of an emergency;
- accompanying and/or assisting you in using the cinema’s toilets;
- assisting you in purchasing refreshments.
The eligibility criteria are kept under review and maybe updated from time to time; currently people who receive one of the following benefits are eligible:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA);
- Attendance Allowance (AA);
- Blind Persons Registration;
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP); and
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).
Additionally, limitations placed on Cinemas by their local licenses require children and young people under 8 years of age to be accompanied by a responsible person; consequently applications for cards can only be considered for people who are 8 years of age or older.
Please go to the CEA Card website to apply.
- Contact Telephone
- Telephone: 01244 526 016 / Textphone: 18001 01244 526 016
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to Adulthood
- SEN Provision Type