Youth Direction - Youth Offending
The YOT delivers a comprehensive range of services which are designed to:
- Prevent children and young people from offending
- Reduce reoffending by children and young people and to protect the public from harm
- Safeguard children and young people
- Support young people and families to take responsibility for their behaviour
- Enable young people to mature into law-abiding adults in the community
- Understand and meet the needs of victims of youth crime
Who to contact
- 01642 527597
Where to go
5 Prince Regent Street
Stockton Town Centre
- TS18 1DF
The principal aim of the youth justice system is to prevent crime by children and young people. The Youth Offending Team has a key role in making our communities safe.
Stockton-on-Tees YOT is a multi-agency service incorporating staff from the local authority, social care, education, probation, police and health and works in partnership with a range of other services, including the criminal courts. The YOT is responsible for the supervision of young people subject to pre-court interventions and satutory court orders.
Access to the YOT is through referral from Police and Courts, for those young people coming into contact with the criminal justice system.
For more information on Young People and the Law visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/justice/young-people
- Contact Name
- Youth Offending
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 527597
- Contact Email
- SEN Provision Type