Nepacs - supporting a positive future for prisoners and their families in the north east
Nepacs and its forerunners have been working in the north east of England to support a positive future for prisoners and their families for over 135 years. During this time, the structure of the organisation and the activities we undertake have changed, but our commitment to helping people affected by imprisonment remains constant.
The services offered by Nepacs across the north east include:
- Visitor centre services - at 6 prisons, welcoming over 127,000 visitors through our centres each year.
- Play facilities in prison visitors centres and visits halls, with trained play workers organising activities for children during domestic and special family visits
- Tea bars within prison visit halls and visitor centres
- Special visits for children so they can spend quality time with their parent, learning through organised play activities
- Specialist family support services for prisoners/offenders and their families
- A regional youth project for young people aged 8-18 impacted by imprisonment of a family member - providing youth zones in 3 prisons, 1to1 support and outreach activities.
Nepacs also helps about 500 offenders and/or their families each year with a small grant to help them through financial difficulties and get their lives straight.
Much of our work is delivered by volunteers, who bring energy, warmth and friendship and ensure a warm welcome to all.
Who to contact
- 0191 375 7278
Where to go
20 Old Elvet
- DH1 3HW