Children's Occupational Therapy Services in Stockton-on-Tees
The Occupational Therapy Team supports children and young people aged 0-18 years with a permanent and substantial disability that significantly affects daily living tasks and offers help with the transition into Occupational Therapy adult services.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) will observe the child and evaluates risks and challenges experienced by the child and identify solutions to safe and independent living. These observations may include but are not limited to:
• Access to/from the property
• Access to the garden/play
• Indoors accessibility and use of stairs
• Sit to stand transfers
• Access to and use of bathing and toileting facilities
• Ability to independently wash, dress, and feed
• Safety whilst sleeping at night
• Seating and postural support
• Participation in leisure/play and educational activities at home
Requests for an Occupational Therapy Assessment can be made through the Children's hub.
More information can be found in our Children's Occupational Therapy Services leaflet.
- Contact Name
- The Children's Hub
- 01642 130080