Skip to main content

Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance

Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance help people on a low income pay their rent.

If you are making a new Housing Benefit claim and you are of working age then you may have to claim Universal Credit instead.

If you rent your home from a private landlord then the amount you may get will be worked out on the relevant Local Housing Allowance Rate.

For further information on, and to apply for Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance you can contact the Revenues & Benefits Service at Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Housing Benefit
01642 393829
Stockton Council Housing Benefit

Other Details

Is this information correct?

Back to top