Makaton Foundation Workshop for professionals and parents. Makaton, although originally designed for children and adults with learning difficulties, is now used in helping people with a wide range of communication, speech, language and literacy difficulties, including helping babies, toddlers and children whose first language is not English. Makaton is listed by the Communication Trust in its “What Works “ database of evidenced interventions to support children's speech, language and communication.
Who to contact
Where to go
Linthorpe Road Resource Centre
54 Borough Road
- TS1 2JH
- £130 for professionals £90 for parents/carers
- The Foundation Workshop provides a detailed introduction to the Makaton Vocabulary
- Signs and symbols from Core Vocabulary Stages 1-4 and Additional Vocabulary
- Research into sign use, symbols design themes, the use and purpose of Makaton, and an overview of alternative systems of communication.
- Recommended for anyone who wants a comprehensive introduction to signing. No signing experience needed!
- Contact Name
- Peter Rooney
- Contact Telephone
- 07970 579176
- Contact Email