Carer's Allowance is a taxable benefit to help people who look after someone who is disabled. You do not have to be related to, or live with, the person that you care for.
The current weekly rated for Carer's Allowance is £64.60 (Tax Year 2018 - 2019).
You might be able to get Carer’s Allowance if all of the following apply:
- you’re 16 years old or over
- you spend at least 35 hours a week caring for someone
- have been in England, Scotland or Wales for at least 2 of the last 3 years
- you normally live in England, Scotland or Wales, or you live abroad as a member of the armed forces
- you’re not in full time education or studying for 21 hours a week or more
- you earn no more than £120 a week after certain deductions have been made.
Who to contact
- Carer's Allowance