Message in a Bottle - Yarm District Lions Club
What is “Message in a Bottle?”
The Lions Message in a Bottle is a simple idea that encourages people to keep their medical details in a common place where they can easily be found in an emergency.
How does it work?
The information is kept in a bottle. The bottle is kept in the fridge, where the emergency services will expect to find it in the event of being called to your home. They will know you have a bottle by two labels. One is fixed to the inside of the front door or the main entrance to you home, and the other to the door of your fridge.
The information is very basic, but you may like to ask a relative, neighbour, or carer, to help you.
1. Your full name and a brief physical description.
2. Your doctor’s name, surgery address and telephone number.
3. A brief description of any medical conditions you are suffering from.
4. Any allergies and allergic reactions to medication.
5. Location of your medication in your home.
6. Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of 2 people to be contacted in the event of an emergency.
7. Details of any pets that may be on the premises
What is the cost?
It’s FREE! All costs are paid for by local Lions who have received generous donations from the public or local businesses.
Where can I get a bottle?
Health Centres, Doctor’s Surgeries, Chemists, should have supplies. If you have difficulty or require more information, please contact Yarm District Lions by Email at email@example.com or telephone 0845 833 7419.
“Message in a Bottle” is supported by the following services.
Fire & Rescue
NHS Primary Care Trusts