Youth Direction - Participation
- We have dedicated Participation Advisors who provide information, advice, guidance and support for those who are at risk of leaving or are not in education, employment or training.
- We also have Participation Advisors within all mainstream schools, special schools and academies.
- We provide a 'One Stop Shop' drop in service at the main Youth Direction building on 16 Church Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1TX (next door to Splash).
- The Pathways Project works with targeted young people from Stockton-on-Tees aged 16 to 29 years old, helping them into education, employment or training.
- The Business Support Team provides a client management service and support for employers.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Youth Direction
- 01642 677600
- Main government site with information and links on areas such as benefits, education, etc.
Where to go
- Youth Direction
One Stop Shop
16 Church Road
Stockton Town Centre
- TS18 1TX
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Open Monday to Friday from 10am until 4pm, no appointment necessary.
- Time of day
- Referral required
The Participation Teams deliver information advice and guidance through one-to-one interviews where options are intorduced, explored and discussed. This enables the young person to make an informed decision about their future. This may include:
- Action plan - gives focus to the young persons needs
- Job Information - up to date and accurate to inform choices
- Applications to colleges and other learning providers
- CV's - help to create a personally tailored CV
- Apprenticeships - help to explore and apply for these opportunities
- Visits to colleges and other learning providers
- Exploring Higher Education options through UCAS and help with A Level choices.
For further information about the delivery of particiaption support in your/your child's school or academy please contact the school.
Business Support Team
This team provides client management including Keeping In Touch (KIT) & Support Workers who track the movement of young people within Stockton-on-Tees and Teesside and keep accurate and up to date information on young people regarding their education, training and employment status.
The Pathways Project works with targeted young people from Stockton-on-Tees aged 16-29 years old helping them into education, employment or training.
The project helps young people to realise their talents and achieve their full potential through dedicated individual support to assist them with job search and filling out applications, CV writing, interview skills, and accompanying them to interviews if required.
The project supports young people through the whole process and helps them to meet their goals. At the end of the project young people will be ready to start work, go to college or start a training course. The project continues to give support once they have started work or training to help give them the best start.
The Matrix Standard
Youth Direction (Information Advice and Guidance) is also externally accredited to the Matrix Standard, the nationally recognised quality benchmark for information, advice and guidance services.
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 677600
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to Adulthood