Youth Direction - Targeted Youth Support
The Targeted Youth Support Team provides coordinated support to young people aged 8 to 19 (or up to 25 if the young person has a learning difficulty and/or disability).
- Youth Direction
- TS23 2NX
TYS works together with other agencies to identify young people who require additional support and early intervention. The team can also provide access to personalised support and positive activities.
Referrals to TYS are via the team manager and step up step down 1 to 1 support referrals go to an allocations panel. All work undertaken is voluntary so central to our approach is building effective and trusting relationships with children, young people and families.
- Step up Step down process 1-1 support - aimed at preventing young people entering specialist services thorugh effective targeted youth support.
- The Kick Project - A youth club for young people with additional and complex needs aged 11 to 25 years.
- Participation - aimed at supporting Stockton Youth Assembly and memebrs of Youth Parliament at local, regional and national events.
- Diversionary programmes including Youth Action Zones aimed at providing young people with safe activities and projects during the school holidays.
- Risk Taking Behavioour Sessions - aims to provide young people with the skills and knowledge they need to make informed and healthy decisions.
- Bicycle Reclaimation project - aimed at giving young people the opportunity to build a bike and learn new skills in bicycle maintenance. Also includes a reparation element supported by the Youth Offending Service.
- Youth Bus - aimed at supporting outreach teams and delivering specific projects in and around the borough.
- Health Passport - Interventions designed by and piloted by young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
Young people may be referred to TYS for a variet of reasons including:
- Getting into trouble with Police or The Anti-Social Behaviour Team
- Misusing drugs or alchohol
- Getting into trouble at or missing school
- Not in school, college employment or training
- Teenage pregnancy
- Being a looked after young person
- Having learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 677600
- Contact Email
- Local Offer Age Bands
Transition to Adulthood
- SEN Provision Type