Smiles Nursery Billingham (Day Nursery)
Smiles is a bespoke nursery, with excellent high quality resources to help children and achieve. Our highly qualified team of staff ensure all children are safe and secure within our environment. This enables parents to feel happy and content whilst leaving their children in Smiles' care. We have an Ofsted rating of GOOD.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Smiles North East Ltd
- TS23 4AA
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £6.00 Per hour £40.00 set days Per day £42.00 flexi days Per day £192.30.00 set rate Weekly £210.00 flexi rate Weekly £7.00 - 07:30 - 09:00 includes breakfast and school drop off Before school £13.00 -14:45 - 18:00 includes tea and school collection After school £2.00 lunch Meals £1.00 tea Meals
- We offer an early morning and late opening rate at an extra cost, 07:00 - 07:30 £6.00, 18:00 - 18:30 - £6.00. Reductions available for siblings, teachers and term time only.
- Other notes
At Smiles we realise that parents working days are not just between 9-5 and we offer flexible childcare arrangments to accomandate where possible. We cater for children that have a range of disblities or special needs and ensure that our team of highly qualified and experiences staff works to meet these needs and support parents/carers whilst doing this.
We work very closely with local school and other agencies/professionals to ensure your child receives the correct support, enabling all children to flourish and devlelop in their learning whilst in our care.
- Has Provision
- All doors are wide enough and front doors open up fully. We are a single storey building. We are an old SureStart building.
- Has Provision
- Smiles is an inclusive setting and we aim to meet all the needs of our children. We access training for staff have further knowledge around each individual child where necessary.
- Has Provision
- We cater for all allergies and cultural/religious requirements and adapt all our menus to ensure all children are included and their individual needs are met. We display our menu's for parent's to see and they have all allergens written on each meal.
- Has Provision
- Experience with
- We have experienced staff and our resources reflect cultures and diverse religions. We will be celebrating different festivals and cultures, going into the community and inviting people from different backgrounds, religions, etc into our setting. We also incorporate all religions and British values into our planning.
- Immediate vacancies
- Smiles has an open door policy that enables parent/carers to visit our setting any time during the day where a member of staff will give them a tour and answer any questions asked.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
30 Hours Extended Entitlement
- Intending to provide 30 hours entitlement
- Registered to provide 30 hours entitlement
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Monday 07:00 18:00 Tuesday 07:00 18:00 Wednesday 07:00 18:00 Thursday 07:00 18:00 Friday 07:00 18:00
- Offers pickups
Roseberry Primary School
Billingham South Community Primary School
Prior's Mill CofE Primary School
St Pauls RC VA Primary School - Billingham
High Clarence Primary School
Pentland Primary School
Bewley Primary School
Oakdene Primary School
Wolviston Primary School
Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary RC VA Primary School
St Josephs R.C.Primary School - Billingham
Crooksbarn Primary School - Norton
St John the Evangelist RC VA Primary School - Billingham
- Smiles have excellent relationships with all the local and surrounding schools, our vehicles are all insured and have up to date and current MOT's. Our staff that transport children are all insured with the correct cover. We pick up from numerous local schools and surrounding schools please ask for details if your school is not on the list.
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
We are an inclusive setting and have highly qualified staff who have had training around SEN and complex needs, ie epilepsy, epipens, autism, etc. If we needed further training we would access this and work very closely with parents and other professionals ie inclusion workers. Our setting is easily adaptable for different disabilities and is one storey and accessible.
We have a SENCO member of staff who ensures IEP's (health care plans) and targets are written up and reviews completed. We follow the SEND code of practice. We provide a broad and balanced early learning environment for all children with SEN/disabilities. We provide in-house training, or seek training with other professionals.
We liase with parents at all times, and and help and support them in all areas, maintaining a positive partnership. We ensure that we help all children to enjoy and achieve to meet achieveable targets or work towards them, taking into account their level of ability. We access the age-appropriate resources to help them develop and learn.
- Contact Name
- Maxine Leech
- Contact Telephone
- 01642 803190
- Contact Email