The Mary Thompson Fund
The Mary Thompson fund is a hardship fund that responds to the critical and emergency needs of those who are seeking asylum or are settled refugees in the Tees Valley.
The Fund can help with things such as:-
- Medical expenses
- Emergency food packs
- Furniture for unfurnished accommodation
- Maternity wear and baby needs
- Expenses incurred when meeting solicitors
- Phone cards
- Travel costs to visit detained relatives
- Help towards college expenses
- Travel arrangements for school children
- 3 nights emergency accommodation
The Fund relies on the support of individuals and groups in the area. The work of the fund is carried out by volunteers.
There is a Drop-In Session at Justice First every Friday 3pm - 4pm for those who are seeking asylum, have been refused asylum or are settled refugees, who are in destitute circumstances.
For further information, please contact us.
- The Mary Thompson Fund
135 Norton Road
- TS18 2BG
- When is it on
- Drop-In Session every Friday 3pm - 4pm